We are proud that our school has an excellent reputation in the community. This is a result of the sustained efforts of a School Council, parents and staff who are committed to providing the best possible education for our students in a caring and stimulating environment.
Funding for 2022
Watsonia North Primary is looking forward to another great year of teaching and learning and would like to advise you of Watsonia North Primary school’s voluntary financial contributions for 2022.
Schools provide students with free instruction to fulfil the standard Victorian curriculum and we want to assure you that all contributions are voluntary. Nevertheless, the ongoing support of our families ensures that our school can offer the best possible education and support for our students. We want to thank you for all your support, whether that’s through fundraising or volunteering your time. This will make a huge difference to our school and the programs we can offer.
Within our school this support has allowed us to:
- Continue to offer high quality programs and provide subject specific materials and equipment for English, Mathematics, Science, Art, Music, Inquiry, Language and Physical Education
- Maintain and develop our school grounds for students’ benefit, eg play equipment, play areas
- Maintain and upgrade our computer resources/devices to enable our students to have access to the benefits of current information technology
- Provide sufficient numbers of up-to-date books for students to develop their reading skills
- Provide high quality Mathematics teaching equipment, ie class sets of measurement materials and software
- Providing a range of Literacy and Mathematics digital and online subscriptions
- Provide a wide range of sporting equipment necessary for the Sport and Physical Education Program
- Provide resources to implement innovative teaching and learning programs
- Provide an effective care and First Aid program for all students
To access a copy of the 2022 Parent Payment Arrangements and Parents Payment Policy please click on the hyperlink:
Planning for 2022
At the October School Council Meeting, the amount of parent contribution for each child was considered with the aim of keeping the amount to the absolute minimum. In 2022, the amount of voluntary Curriculum Contributions has been maintained at $300.00 per student for the year, along with the Other Voluntary Contributions (non-curriculum) being maintained at $20.00 for first aid and $20.00 for school grounds mainenance and improvements.
We look forward to your support in order to meet our budget targets.
Let us work together to ensure that Watsonia North continues to be a great school for our children.
Sarah Pollnitz, Acting Principal
Maria Collins, School Council President