We are proud that our school has an excellent reputation in the community. This is a result of the sustained efforts of a School Council, parents and staff who are committed to providing the best possible education for our students in a caring and stimulating environment.
Funding for 2021
Although the Victorian Government provides grants to Schools, this is not sufficient for us to provide all the requisites and resources needed for our programs and projects. Therefore, if we are to:
- provide discounted books and materials for each student;
- continue to offer high quality programs;
- maintain and develop the grounds for the students’ benefit, eg play equipment, playing areas;
- maintain and upgrade our computer resources to enable our students to have access to the benefits of current information technology;
- provide high quality equipment and resources across curriculum areas;
- provide resources to implement innovative teaching programs;
- provide an effective care and first aid program for all students.
we need to ask parents to make a contribution to cover costs in these areas.
Planning for 2021
At the November School Council Meeting, a detailed Budget for 2021 was presented and approved. As part of this budget process, the amount of parent contribution for each child was considered with the aim of keeping the amount to the absolute minimum. In 2021, this amount has been maintained at $300.00 per student for the year.
We look forward to your support in order to meet our budget targets.
Let us work together to ensure that Watsonia North continues to be a great school for our children.
Tina King, Principal
Maria Collins, School Council President