The Wellbeing of our students, teachers and support staff and community at WNPS is very important. The Wellbeing representatives were elected to represent our school to promote Wellbeing.
Our health, wellbeing and happiness is our focus here at WNPS.
The team focuses on:
- physical wellbeing – getting kids to be active
- social wellbeing – creating activities to promote new friendships
- mindfulness – with help from The Resilience Project
- emotional wellbeing – caring for others and kindness
Some of the initiatives of our student Well-Being Team have included:
- Running the Scholastic Book Fair where we celebrate our love of books and reading
- Recognising safe behaviour in our community through our community walk with ‘The Day for Daniel’
- Running the Easter Bonnet Parade where we create individual bonnet and parade around the oval
- Coming up with special days during the year to engage our wellbeing eg. May the 4th Star Wars Day.
Students and families are encouraged to liaise with their classroom rep as to any other ideas that will engage the Wellbeing Team.
We look forward to improving our Wellbeing.