The Watsonia North Primary School Council has a key function in setting and monitoring our school’s direction. Our School Council comprises of parents, teachers and the Principal who work collaboratively for the best interest of our school.
The School Council has three main responsibilities:
- finance: overseeing the development of the school’s annual budget and ensuring proper records, that are in line with Departmental requirements, are kept of the school’s financial operation
- strategic planning: participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- policy development and review: developing, reviewing and updating policies that reflect a school’s values and support the school’s broad direction outlined in our strategic plan.
Should a vacancy occur, we ask you to consider nominating. You would then have the opportunity to work and learn with a group of individuals who have a commitment to our school and hold the welfare of our children at heart.
Current School Council Members (2018):
- Executive Officer: Tina King (Executive Officer, Principal DET)
- Treasurer: Jamie Jaquinta (Treasurer, Assistant Principal DET)
- President: Maria Collins (Parent)
- Vice President: Sue Riley (Parent)
- Secretary: Bruce Tucker (Parent)
- Katrine Smith (DET)
- Sarah Pollnitz (DET)
- Alison Unwin (Parent)
- Allison Lee (Parent)
- Anne-Marie O’Brien (Parent)
- Cherie Dai (Parent)
- Kate Lansbury (Parent)
- Nikki D’Antonio (Parent)
If you would like more information regarding School Council, please contact our Principal, Tina King on 9435 1285. To view our latest School Council Annual Report, a copy is available at 2017 Annual Report